Outstanding Second in MFL required
Main Scale + TLR 2(a)
Starting from Easter 2018
What we require:
- A talented teacher of Spanish with French with excellent subject knowledge and passionate about languages for all.
- A dedicated professional driven by a determination to achieve excellence for all students and staff and committed to upholding the highest possible standards.
- A future leader who is ready to take their next step and help lead a happy, creative and forward-thinking department.
What we offer:
- A wonderful place to work – a very oversubscribed 11-18, mixed, Catholic grammar school, with an outstanding OFSTED rating and Teaching School status.
- A happy, harmonious, friendly and positive community of 1,150 students (400 in the 6th form) and 120 staff who enjoy excellent working relationships
- A comprehensive range of CPD and career development opportunities within school, across our Teaching School alliance and beyond.
- The support of an exemplary team of colleagues
- An ethos rooted in social justice, concern for the whole person and striving for excellence
Applicants must be able to teach Spanish across all key stages, including A level, and French to KS3. The teacher appointed will also be keen to undertake leadership responsibilities, with a particular focus on Spanish.
Applicants are welcome to visit the school or telephone if they have any questions.
Please complete the application form and return to Mrs F Uschmann, Head’s PA/HR Manager by post or email to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 26 January 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 7 February 2018
St Joseph’s College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants for these posts will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Sports hall supervisor: £8.04 / hour (flexible working times)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the sports hall (Fortiter Building) is open 15 minutes prior to the commencement of an activity and all school equipment / facilities are set up.
- Assisting the customer with queries and knowledge of the building will be essential
- Evacuating the building during an emergency and reporting to the site manager / emergency services
- Ensuring the customer follows the lettings policy and academy rules
- Assisting the customer in clearing away Schools equipment and being available for 15 minutes after the end of the session to clear the building
- Ensuring the site is kept secure at all times ie main school gate is opened for the customer but then closed during the session.
- Responsible for the Fortiter buildings security alarm on open (deactivation) and Closure (activation)
- The supervisor must have a full DBS check prior to employment
The hours are flexible throughout the year during evenings between 5.30 – 10.30 and occasionally at weekends. Some activities require the availability over the School Holiday under negotiation with the supervisor.
Owing to the seasonal popularity of the facilities the hours may change to represent this. The pay structure has been created to attempt to overcome this and guarantee a minimum monthly salary total of 20 hours. The total hours will be calculated and pay will be amended annually to reflect this.
There may be an opportunity to improve CPD through Child protection or emergency first aid at work training.
If you are interested in the role please complete the application form and criminal form. Please return to Mrs Fiona Uschmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any further information please contact Mr R Christopherson on the School email address email@example.com or phone number 01782 848008.