The Parent Council is a body of parents, representing parents, run by parents with the support of the College. It … Continue reading
The Parent Council is a body of parents, representing parents, run by parents with the support of the College. It serves as a two way communication route between parents and the Governing Body. It encourages parents to participate fully in the life and work of the school, and in turn support the school’s excellent performance record.
The Council was formed initially from the Parent Action Group following the fight against the LEA closure notice in late 2007 / early 2008.
Since it’s formation the Parent Council has been involved in the following:
- Collection of Family email addresses to improve communication using Parentmail and help to reduce postage costs
- Input into the School’s Traffic Management Plan
- Running monthly Parent Council “Drop in” Surgeries during the 2009 School year
- Forming the New Parents Support Group to assist new parents with any queries in the months leading up to their September start date.
- Consultation on the College’s Learning Gateway
- Organising the annual Parents Safeguarding Information Evening in February. In 2011 this will take the format of an Open Fayre where multiple Agencies covering a whole host of topics will be available for Parents to chat with.
- Helping recruit parents willing to help out with Year 13 “mock” University Interviews Consultation on the conversion of the College to be an Academy.
There is an open invitation for all Parents to attend any of the meetings, the dates of which are contained within the School calendar. The Parent Council can be contacted at ParentCouncil@stjosephsmail.com