Ethos"St Joseph’s aims for its students to become responsible, compassionate, tolerant, courageous, non-judgemental citizens concerned about social justice, living their lives with integrity."
Our core aims and values
St Joseph’s College seeks to develop the whole person. We are a Catholic School inspired in our mission by the vision of life that is found in the teaching of the Gospel, the Church, and in Jesus, who came that we ‘may have life and have it to the full.’
In striving to fulfill this mission we continue the work of the Christian Brothers and its founder Blessed Edmund Rice. In practice this means that we seek to:
- To encourage, support and inspire young people and the wider school community in the journey of faith.
- To create a well-ordered community where everyone is valued and respected.
- To develop the intellectual, creative, physical, spiritual and religious potential of every pupil and encourage involvement in extra-curricular activities such as sport, music, drama and community service.
- To work in partnership with parents, parishes, local industry and commerce and the wider community in a spirit of mutual service for the benefit of all.
- To prepare our young people for the life beyond school and in particular to develop personal integrity, moral values and a sense of justice so that they ‘act justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with God’.
Our charitable endeavours spread far and wide including our projects in Sierra Leone, our work with Lasallian Developing World Projects, support of CAFOD and fundraising closer to home for charities such as the Joe Gilligan Trust and Macmillan Cancer Reasearch.