Free School Meals
Some parents can claim free school meals for any of their children who are registered at a Stoke on Trent … Continue reading
Some parents can claim free school meals for any of their children who are registered at a Stoke on Trent school and who would normally be at school at lunch time.
You are entitled to free school meals, for your family, if you receive:
- Income Support;
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance;
- Income-based Employment & Support Allowance;
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but not if you also get Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income under £16,190; or
- If you are an asylum seeker supported by the UKBA under Part VI of the Nationality and Asylum Act 1999.
For more details you can:
- Contact school directly
- Download and complete the application form, and return it directly to school to the Finance department.
- Phone the Free School Meals Team on: 01782 236813 (Minicom for the hearing impaired 01782 232331).
Being eligible for free school meals will also mean your child will be eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant. This is a stream of funding allocated to schools if a child is in receipt of or has been in receipt of free school meals in the last 6 years, is or has been a child of armed service personnel in the last 3 years or is a looked after or adopted child. Please contact Mrs C Slattery for further information on this.
Follow this direct link to the Stoke on Trent Free School Meals website